Sep 25, 2011

4 Generations


We drove down to Fillmore 'Bugs' so you could meet your great grandpa Joe whose father was Porter- which is where you got your name from.

We were driving back mid afternoon and I remember reflecting on how life cycles us back to the beginning. Seeing you as a new born so in-experienced, next to grandpa Joe who has all the wisdom that a grandfather should, I realized how similar you two were in your essential qualities. For the next twenty minutes or so I was rambling on in my mind on what I am sure were all these insightful thoughts but the sound of Derek's cell phone brought me back to consciousness. I looked around and I saw Derek driving and you asleep in the back seat and just felt that the family unit is the most perfect organization ever created. From the very oldest to the very youngest member.





2 comments:

Jack said...

I like this post. That's all I have to say about that...boy, facebook has changed our ability to express opinions hasn't it? All I can say is "I like this"!

Lyle and Mary: said...

Insightful, sweet, grateful, talented M'Kenzie. Love this post.